We use 2 training agencies to learn you how to dive (I.D.D Netherlands and PADI) Both are worldwide recognised, while I.D.D the more official one because of the dive insurance included during your training with I.D.D. I.D.D. is the equivalent of BSAC from the United Kingdom
Depending the educational system of your choice, you will make either 5 or 6 training dives to learn how to better understand the underwater environment and to become a more experienced, and more comfortable diver.
What do you need to start? An ‘entry’ level certification from any dive organisation. Minimum age: 12 years
10,000 Thai baht for an I.D.D advanced open water (6 dives)
11,000 Thai baht for the PADI advanced open water (5 divers)
How long will it take? 2.5 day
What will you do?
During an Advanced Open Water from the Dutch underwater federation I.D.D. you will make 6 training dives:
2 deep dives (32m); 2 underwater navigation dives; and 2 buoyancy control dives (one can be night dive). So a practical application of the training dives and more focused on the most important dive skills to master. One of the 2 deep dives can be done one the the H.M.S Sattakut as well.
During a PADI Advanced Open Water you only have to do: 1 deep dive (30m), and 1 under water navigation dive. For the other 3 remaining dives you can freely choose of the following:
- AWARE FISH ID — Saw a non-identified fish? Cool, now give it your name!
- COMPUTER/MULTI-LEVEL DIVE –learn how to extend your precious dive time with a dive computer
- NIGHT DIVE–dive with the feeling being on the moon or beyond (weather depending)
- PEAK PERFORMANCE BUOYANCY — let your lungs make the difference and save the reefs
- SEARCH & RECOVERY DIVE — you wanna get back that precious hair strap?
- U/W PHOTOGRAPHER — really, the only way to bring something back home !
- WRECK DIVER – visit with the H.M.S Sattakut. Beautifully put down by Royal Thai Navy for us to play with
If the Advanced course is one step too much, perhaps this could be an option.
The Adventure diver program allows you to mix and match any dives you like.
If you complete any three adventure dives, you can earn your Adventure Diver certification. Maybe you like Photography, or you want to experience a bit of Nitrogen Narcosis on your first Deep dive, the choice is all yours. As this course could only take as little as 1 day, time really can’t be any excuse!
- free use of a dive computer during the course
- I.D.D or AIG Thailand dive insurance (PADI course)
The course fee includes:
all materials, all instruction, all equipment rental and certification.
Duration: 2.5 days
Price: 11,000 Thai Baht for PADI – 5 dives // 10,000 Thai baht for I.D.D – 6 dives
It’s also possible to take a individual dive from the advanced course.
Price: 2,000 Thai Baht per dive