Dive Master course
The divemaster course is a vocational training and the first step in a career as a recreational diving professional.
Our experienced diving instructors permanently employed on work permit, offer good continuity, so you can gain a lot of experience during your training.
Does the following sound appeal to you?”You as a divemaster out with 4 certified divers on our boat to a beautiful Koh Tao dive site, and coming back with 4 satisfied divers?”
Then register now for our dive master training!
Why at Impian Divers?
We are the only dive school on Koh Tao with a permanent Dutch instructor group. Dutch Instructor Training Center with its own boat, for maximum freedom of choice of dive sites.
In addition to a dive master training, we are the only Koh Tao diving school that also offers work after the training: with us!
During this training you are still treated as a customer. This does not mean that we do not expect your professional attitude, but that we do every day something about your training.
We regularly organize interesting activities such as helping with maintaining artificial reefs.
Our dive master training is professional, flexible, and fun, but we pull the strings at the right moments. As in the end, it involves a lot of responsibility later.
Experience Impian Divers
Over the past 15 years, we trained over more than 15,000 divers, from beginner to dive instructor.
Our ex-divemaster students are now spread all over the world, and our way of educating dive professionals makes our divemaster course one of the best of its kind.
Dive team Impian
Our experienced instructors & dive masters have been working together for years and regularly conducted dive master training courses.
Impian Divers has a pleasant no-macho atmosphere in the diving school, with daily course-oriented activities to keep your divemaster course as interesting as possible.
The extensive range of duties of a divemaster can include:
- Boat and diving shop master
- Guiding certified divers
- Organize and implement:
- Refresher course
- Assisting training course participants
- Snorkel course *
- Dolphin range course *
- Introduction dives *
- Ocean Explorer course*
- Classroom presentations*
- * applicable for IDD dive masters only
- Assisting maintenance of diving equipment
- upon completion of IDD equipment specialty course
Use diving equipment
Unlike many other diving schools, you can start with using our diving school equipment at Impian Divers.
In this way, with the advice of your mentor (s), you will know what the best diving equipment are to purchase. Half way the course we expect you to purchase the following dive equipment:
- dive mask, snorkel & fins
- regulator set
- dive computer & compass
- dive knife
- surface marker buoy
- Koh Tao dive site map
Always buy new equipment, because then you have a guarantee.
Impian Divers offers a 15% discount at local retailers or visit online shops.
- Minimum age 18 years
- Rescue diver certification (from any dive organization)
- Medical Trained or equivalent
- Valid medical certificate (Fit to Dive)
- Signed Disclaimer of Liability.
- Dive insurance for non IDD candidates
- Minimum 40 logged dives (excluding training dives)
- In exchange for assistance in the dive shop, the required number of dives can be made free of charge.
Take an average of 4-6 weeks for your divemaster training.
No problem if you want to take more time, assist either more courses, or make more navigation related dives to gain more experience.
To will start with a course orientation from either our course director or one of our instructors.
We build up your training in logical order and work on increasing your diving skills & self-confidence step by step.
During your divemaster course you will be assigned a “mentor”.
He/she will personally monitor the progress and that you are progressing the divemaster course as desired and oversee the entire course and schedule from day 1.
- Dive skills (skill circuit)
- Knowledge development and exams
- Management, training, and control
- Didactics and methodology
- Decompression theory
- Dive environment
- General information
- The IDD snorkeling course *
- IDD candidates only
- Boat & shop master
- Deep dive procedures
- Night dive procedures
- Search & Recovery
- Dive Equipment
- Swimming tests
Koh Tao has more than 20 dive sites around the island, ranging from shallow bays and accessible coral reefs, to deeper and more distant dive sites.
There are also two wrecks, which we dive regularly during the advanced & wreck specialty course.
You can make 2-3 dives each day, so expect to log many dives and meet many other divers. You then go along with the dive masters to get to know the dive sites well
The boat departs twice a day:
- 07:00 – 11:30 for 2 dives
- 12:00 – 17:00 for 2 dives
- 18:00 – night dive *
- (depending on weather conditions)
As the divemaster program progresses, you will become more responsible and you will increasingly help as part of our dive team with:
- Logistics equipment room
- Chief on Board
- Assist our dive masters with certified divers
- Assist our instructors assist with student training
- Providing briefings to student divers *
- * apply to IDD candidates only
Accommodation on Koh Tao
We can help you find accommodation for a comfortable stay here on Koh Tao. Most internship students stay in nearby guesthouses with their own private room with fridge, bathroom, Wi-Fi etc.
Prices vary depending on the size, air conditioning or fan, hot shower and sometimes the season.
For 10,000 – 14,000 THB per month budget you can find something good, although rooms are already available from 7,000 THB per month.
Given that you need a night’s rest and regularly receive some preparatory homework, we do not recommend staying in a hostel.
There are also private bungalows or houses with several bedrooms, kitchens, etc.
These places range from 15,000-30,000 THB per month depending on location, size. etc.
On arrival we can explain all accommodation and transport options and help you find a nice place.
Course price: 30,000 THB
- IDD Divemaster slates
- Hard-copy IDD loan and IDD digital textbook
- Digital Instructor Manual
- IDD diving insurance during training.
Not included IDD
- IDD application fee IDD:
- 80 Euro (including 1 calendar year of worldwide professional diving insurance)
Not included with PADI
- You can of course find your own insurance from the wide range available on the market, or we can arrange a DAN Asia Pacific policy for you
- PADI application fee:
- 135 Euro (without professional insurance)
- DM materials – 7,000 THB
- Divemaster Handbook
- Dive encyclopedia
- Instructor manual
- Water resistant slates
- Scuba Tune Up guidebook
We expect dive master’s in training candidates who choose for a PADI training to have (personal) diving insurance.