Zero to Hero – Gap Year – Ready for a career change?
Considering a Gap Year Zero to Hero to start training to become a diving instructor? That makes sense, because that’s the best profession in the world: turning a hobby into your profession!
We have set up Koh Tao’s most attractively priced Gap Year project, which will train you from beginner train all the way to dive instructor.
We have 20 years of experience in the diving industry and the rating “Dive Academy for Southeast Asia” which is the highest rating for a training center within the I.D.D/I.A.D.S training system.
Zero to Hero
With our Gap Year Zero to Hero course from beginner to dive instructor, we offer you probably the most fun gap year vocational training program.
Lots of diving, living on a beautiful tropical island while being trained for the most beautiful job in the world: diving instructor!
Since 2000, our course director has been teaching non-stop dive training and organizing diving trips around Koh Tao & Koh Lanta Thailand, Nuweiba in Egypt and Koh Kong in Cambodia.
Thanks to his experience and the professional commitment and motivation of his dive team, Impian Divers was able to grow into a successful instructor training center on Koh Tao, Thailand.
For this we have already received many good and also nice Google and Trip Advisor reviews.
What do you need?
- Minimum age 18 years
- Good swimming skills
- Valid medical certificate(download below)
- Signed liability release statement
If you do have a diving license already , you can still step in of course.
Duration Gap Year Zero to Hero
The Gap Year Zero to Hero program from Open Water lasts at least 4 months. 1 day off after each course, and a resting day once a week is included in the schedule.
- see list below
- use of our diving equipment
- dive insurance
- Open Water course
- Advanced Open Water course
- Medical Trained Specialty
- AED Provider Specialty
- O2 Provider Specialty
- Rescue course
- 27 fun dives
- Dive master course
- 60 fun dives
- Open Water Dive Instructor
- Medical Trained Instructor
- AED Provider Instructor
- O2 Provider Instructor
“Team Teach” with the dive team after reaching instructor teaching status to gain experience and issue your first certifications.
- Lunch once a week for feedback during the 4-week Dive Master training course
- Lunch during the 8 days instructor course
Included with price Gap Year Zero to Hero
- Unlimited number of dives
- All digital manuals & certifications
- Medical certificate
- 1 Calendar year Dive Master membership fees I.D.D / I.A.D.S. (value (80 Euros)
- Instructor Final Exam fees (value 200 Euros)
- 1 Calendar year Specialty Instructor membership fees I.D.D / I.A.D.S- (value 140 Euros)
- 1 Calendar year professional dive insurance
- Dive Master ‘Crew Pack’:
- Dive Log binder
- Digital Dive Master manual
- Digital Instructors workbook
- Digital quizzes / exams:
- dive master /instructor slates
- Dive related equipment:
- Personal ‘mouth piece’
- Diving mask
- Koh Tao dive guide
- Pocket Masker for resuscitation
- Surface Marker buoy & 15m reel
- Suunto SK8 compass
- Underwater slate & fish identification slates
- Equipment bag
- 15 liter ‘Dry-Bag’