Wreck Diver Specialty
A Wreck Diver like diving into the past and have good fun!
Wrecks of ships, planes and even cars. Sometimes sunk on purpose to form an artificial reef, sometimes sunk for other reasons. Always teeming with marine life. Fascinating for both the tracker who wants to unravel mysteries and for the nature lover who wants to get to know the sea life. Wreck Diver course is one of the most popular courses. And with good reason, because the certification opens doors to great underwater rewards.
What are you going to do?
The wreck diver training begins by reviewing the guidelines for investigating and leaving wrecks undisturbed. Remember that wrecks still have an owner and may have great historical value. Sometimes there may even be ammunition or explosives left behind. Naturally, you must not touch those. Some wrecks are even protected by legislation aimed at preserving their historical and cultural significance.
During wreck diving we cover the following:
- The safety rules to bear in mind when navigating around wrecks
- How to investigate and chart a wreck
- How to use a line and reefer when exploring the inside of a wreck
- We will teach you techniques to avoid using your fins and flippers to stir up silt and disturb the wreck and its inhabitants
Specialty courses tips:
Wreck diver specialty is extremely good to combine with the following 2 specialties:
- Minimum age 15 year;
- Advanced Diver;
- Valid medical certificate (Fit to Dive)
- Signed Disclaimer of Liability
- (signed by parents or guardian for minors).
- Limitations of Wreck Diving.
- Security Considerations and Procedures
- Navigate on shipwrecks.
- Environmentally friendly diving techniques.
- Use of penetration lines,
- Sailor knots and coils.
- 3 dives